Listen to the Podcast:
Rob Cesternino and Tyler Smith recap the 2014 Remake of Robocop. Join us for a spoiler filled discussion of the new Robocop and hear how it compares to the 1987 original.
Be prepared for MAJOR SPOILERS of the 2014 edition of Robocop. In this episode we will discuss:
- What are the major differences between the original 1987 Robocop and the new 2014 remake of the film?
- What is the message that Robocop is trying to tell us about the use of robots?
- How does Samuel L. Jackson’s character, Pat Novak, help tell the story in the film?
- Should we be looking to robots to provide police and combat services instead of actual people?
- Were the middle-eastern people in the movie justified to attempt a suicide bombing against the omni-corp robots that were patrolling their town?
- Were the suicide bombers effective with their attack?
- Which Detroit was worse off? Was it the Detroit that was depicted in 1987 or the one depicted in 2014?
- How precise was the plan that the dirty cops used to take out Alex Murphy?
- What were some of the things that we were surprised that Alex Murphy never asked anybody at Omnicorp about?
- Why did we think that the film has negative feelings about Apple?
- Why did Rob and Tyler enjoy the parts at the Omni corp facility so much?
- How come nobody at Omni corp was aware that Alex Murphy and Lewis were considering a plan to take out Vallon?
- Was it poor timing to upload all of the crime files in to Robocop’s head minutes before the press conference?
- How bad of a job did Omni corp do in handling the damage control with Clara Murphy?
- Why did Alex Murphy’s kid get picked on at school?
- How is Robocop able to tell people’s emotions by looking at video footage?
- How much thought did Omni corp put in to the placement of Robocop’s transmitter?
- How was Michael Keaton’s portrayal as the president of Omni corp?
- What things from the 1987 edition did we wish would have returned for the 2014 remake?
Find out the answers to all these questions and much more in our Post Movie Recaps of Robocop.