Rob Cesternino and Josh Wigler continue their rewatch of Game of Thrones Season 3 with todays recap of Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 8: Second Sons. Join us each weekday through Friday, April 4th for one episode a day of our Season 3 Rewatch.
On this episode, Rob and Josh discuss:
- Arya attempts to kill the hound by dropping a rock on his head but thinks better of it after he threatens to break both her hands. The Hound then reveals that he is taking her to the twins so that Robb Stark will pay him for her return
- Daenerys meets with the three captains of the second sons to get them to help with the raid of Yunkai. Though Khaleesi is treated with disrespect they come up with a plan to work together. Meanwhile the second sons plot to kill her but Dario kills off the other two captains and pledges his allegiance to Daenerys
- Melisandre returns Gendry to Dragonstone and tells Stannis about her plan to sacrifice him. Meanwhile, Stannis has some second thoughts and consults with Davos who talks him out of killing Gendry. Melisandre starts to seduce Gendry and then puts leeches on his penis after tying him to the bed. She then throws the cursed leeches in to the fire.
- Back at King’s Landing, Tyrion is going to be wed Sansa Stark. Joffrey taunts Tyrion Lannister by removing the stool that he is supposed to stand on. Tywin Lannister needs Tryion to produce a child but Tyrion gets so drunk that he hopes he can avoid his responsibility. In the end, Shae sees that Tyrion did not attempt to consummate the marriage with Sansa.
- Finally, Samwell Tarly and Gilly are interrupted from a nice evening by a white walker. Sam uses the dagger he found at the first of the first men to kill the white walker.
Live Coverage of the Game of Thrones Season 4 Premiere
Be sure to join us on Sunday, April 6th at 10:15 pm ET for our LIVE coverage of the Game of Thrones Season 4 premiere.