Post Show Recaps’ Josh Wigler (@roundhoward) & Zap2.it’s Terri Schwartz (@Terri_Schwartz) recap and analyze the latest installment of the Marvel Universe, Captain America The Winter Soldier and it’s impact on The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Listen to the Podcast:
Josh Wigler introduces his co-host, Zap2It.com associate editor Terri Schwartz, who covers “Agents of SHIELD” and is a huge fan of the Marvel movies
In this episode, Josh and Terri discuss:
- The inclusion of the various “bromances” in “Winter Soldier,” including the friendships between Captain America and Falcon, Cap and Black Widow, and more.
- They explain why they would put “Game of Thrones” on Steve Rogers’ list of pop culture to catch up on.
- Josh and Terri dive into the conspiracy plots of the film, including Project Insight, a Helicarrier program that can take down targets before they ever become threats; Josh has some creative suggestions for how to use such a program.
- The film picks up with the “death” of Nick Fury, SHIELD’s betrayal of Captain America, and Black Widow’s PDA-heavy escape strategy.
- Cap and Widow find a decommissioned army bunker, and there, they discover the computerized remains of Arnim Zola, a classic “Captain America” villain first featured in “First Avenger.” Does he hold the key to one of the greatest “Agents of SHIELD” mysteries? Josh and Terri think so.
- Arnim Zola reveals that the terrorist organization HYDRA has infiltrated the ranks of SHIELD, which is a huge, game-changing twist on one of the most established entities in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- With no one else to trust, Cap and Widow team up with Falcon to save the day, but their plans are thwarted when they encounter the Winter Soldier, and find out that the brainwashed assassin is an old friend from Steve’s past.