Rob Cesternino and Josh Wigler continue their rewatch of Game of Thrones Season 3 with todays recap of Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 9: The Rains of Castamere. Join us each weekday through Friday, April 4th for one episode a day of our Season 3 Rewatch.
In this episode Rob and Josh discuss:
- Robb Stark and his army head to the Twins to attend the wedding of Edmure Tully to one of Walder Frey’s daughters, which is a make good for Robb Stark deciding to marry Talisa instead. Unbeknownst to the Stark army, this is all an elaborate trap.
- Meanwhile Arya Stark heads to the Twins with The Hound under the disguise of bringing pigs to the feast
- Daenerys and company are plotting to take over the city of Yunkai. Daario plans to raid the city with Sir Jorah and Grey Worm under the cover of darkness. The trio are able to convince the slaves to join Daenerys’ army.
- Sam & Gilly discuss heading to the night fort.
- Bran, Rickon, Hodor and Company are locked away in a tower due to a oncoming storm but Hodor is afraid on the thunder. Jon Snow and the wildlings chase down the man with the horses and Tormund orders Jon Snow to kill him. When Jon doesn’t kill the man, all hell breaks loose before Jon Snow can escape and leave Ygritte
- Back at the Twins, the wedding of Edmure Tully and Walder Frey’s daughter goes off without a hitch. After Edmure and Walder’s daughter leave, the doors to the chamber are closed. Walder Frey tells Robb Stark how slighted he was by Robb not marrying his daughters. The song Rains of Castamere is played signaling the Lannister forces to begin slaughtering the Starks. Talisa is stabbed to death through the womb of her baby. Robb stark is shot by arrows. Catelyn Stark is also struck by arrows. Ultimately Roose Bolton murders Robb Stark and Catelyn Stark is killed as well.
Be sure to join us on Sunday, April 6th at 10:15 pm ET for our LIVE coverage of the Game of Thrones Season 4 premiere.