LIVE on Monday, May 5th, Rob Cesternino and Rich Tackenberg review the latest Saturday Night Live hosted by Andrew Garfield. Rob and Rich break down the episode to discuss what worked and didn’t work.
What Worked This Week
- Rob really loved “The Beygency” which was the Beyonce-themed movie parody. Rich liked it but didn’t love it.
- Celebrity Family Feud was fun once again but Rob was distracted by the fact of whether Justin Timberlake would feel betrayed by Andrew Garfield’s Justin Timberlake impression.
- Rich really loved the sketch with Kevin’s wedding toast and the increasingly awkward depths that the sketch went to.
What Didn’t Work this Week:
- Both Rob and Rich didn’t appreciate the humor of “Stanx” and Rob said that this made him say to the writers, “You’re better than this”.
- Rob and Rich did not care for the Oliver sketch and Rob said “Can I please NOT have some more?”
- Rob and Rich were stumped why “The Bird Bible” sketch came back this week.
- Apparently Kyle Mooney’s sketch (watch it below) which didn’t make the show
- The Leslie Jones appearance according to some viewers who took to twitter to complain about about the sketch.
Join us next week when we rehash the best and worst of the next episode with Charlize Theron and musical guest, The Black Keys this weekend.
Watch the Sketches From This Week’s Show
COLD OPEN: DONALD STERLING PRESS CONFERENCE
ANDREW GARFIELD MONOLOGUE
CELEBRITY FAMILY FEUD
WEEKEND UPDATE: JEBIDAH ATKINSON REVIEWS BROADWAY PLAYS
WEEKEND UPDATE: OLYA POVLATSKY ON THE UKRAINE
WEEKEND UPDATE: LESLIE JONES
COLDPLAY “A SKY FULL OF STARS”