AANG IN THERE | Avatar: The Last Airbender | Book 1, Episode 2: “The Avatar Returns”
Zak and Jacob glide into the “The Avatar Returns,” the second episode of season one. First, Zak and Jacob catch up and talk about Avatar Tiktok. Then, they go into the Avatar State as they start the episode recap and even discuss accidental ship names for the characters and more! After the recap, Zak and Jacob do their weekly episode rankings and battle rankings. Plus, they introduce a new segment where they sort each member of a four-person group into what bending type they best represent.
Zak and Jacob will be back for “The Southern Air Temple” on September 1, 2020.
About Aang in There …
Aang in There is a spoiler-filled rewatch of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Every week, Zak and Jacob break down an episode of ATLA with the benefit of knowing the whole universe of Avatar. We also include the following segments:
- Episode Recap – Zak and Jacob start by giving an in-depth breakdown of all the plot points and minor details from the episode.
- Feedback – Zak and Jacob go through listener feedback and answer the questions or comments written into their official email: [email protected].
- Episode Rankings – Zak and Jacob will create an official Aang in There ranking of every episode of ALTA, by rating them all on a scale from 0-4. Zak and Jacob will give their own scores, plus the listeners’ scores will be averaged and added as the third point. Then, the three scores will be combined to create the official podcast score for each episode!
Schedule for the next few weeks:
- Book 1 Episode 3: The Southern Air Temple feedback due 8/28, podcast drops 9/1
The Episode Rankings for Season 1:
- The Boy in the Iceberg – 3.45
- The Avatar Returns – 3.42
Battle of the Battle Ratings for Season 1:
- Sokka and Zuko skirmish (Book 1, Episode 2) – 2.5
- Aang escapes the ship (Book 1, Episode 2) – 3.6