AANG IN THERE | Avatar: The Last Airbender | Book 1, Episode 3: “The Southern Air Temple”
Zak and Jacob ride Appa all the way up to the third episode of season one, “The Southern Air Temple.” Zak and Jacob break down the events from the episode. Along the way, they discuss Airball, a game with some rules, the Backyardigans, and cured meats! After the recap, Zak and Jacob tackle listener feedback and do the weekly episode and battle rankings. Finally, Zak and Jacob sort each member of the Seinfeld Four into a bending class.
Zak and Jacob will be back for “The Warriors of Kyoshi” on September 8, 2020.
About Aang in There …
Aang in There is a spoiler-filled rewatch of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Every week, Zak and Jacob break down an episode of ATLA with the benefit of knowing the whole universe of Avatar. We also include the following segments:
- Episode Recap – Zak and Jacob start by giving an in-depth breakdown of all the plot points and minor details from the episode.
- Feedback – Zak and Jacob go through listener feedback and answer the questions or comments written into their official email: [email protected].
- Episode Rankings – Zak and Jacob will create an official Aang in There ranking of every episode of ALTA, by rating them all on a scale from 0-4. Zak and Jacob will give their own scores, plus the listeners’ scores will be averaged and added as the third point. Then, the three scores will be combined to create the official podcast score for each episode!
Schedule for the next few weeks:
Book 1 Episode 4: The Warriors of Kyoshi feedback due 9/5, podcast drops 9/8. Casting Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles into bending types.
The Episode Rankings for Season 1:
- The Boy in the Iceberg – 3.45
- The Avatar Returns – 3.42
- The Southern Air Temple – 3.07
Battle of the Battle Ratings for Season 1:
- Sokka and Zuko skirmish (Book 1, Episode 2) – 2.5
- Aang escapes the ship (Book 1, Episode 2) – 3.6
- Zuko and Zhao Agni Kai – 3.67 (Book 1, Episode 3) – 3.67