Rob Cesternino and Akiva Wienerkur recap the second episode of Seinfeld to ever air, “The Stakeout” which originally aired on May 31, 1990. Rob and Akiva recap many of the interesting developments from the episode including:
- How does the debut of the Elaine character affect the dynamics of the show?
- What are the key differences between Elaine’s character and the version of Elaine that Julia Louis-Dreyfus would play in the future seasons of the show?
- What has changed between the pilot episode and the first episode to air in 1990?
- How does Jerry’s inner-monologue work in this episode?
- How does the first mention of George’s wanting to be an architect and Art Vandelay play out in this episode?
- What do Rob and Akiva make of the impostor who is playing Morty Seinfeld in this episode?
- How has the pornography video business changed since 1990?
- Should Jerry have had to apologize for not bringing a gift to Pamela’s birthday party?
- Who is hotter, Elaine or Loni Anderson?
- Is it better to be in a platonic or riconic relationship?
- Why did Jerry’s family all need to meet up at his house before the wedding?
- Are words from the urban dictionary fair play in a game of Scrabble?
- Should anybody want to read the biography being authored by Jerry’s uncle, Mack?
- What happened to these family members of Jerry over the rest of the series?
Be sure to join Rob and Akiva next week when we recap Seinfeld season 1, episode 3: “The Robbery.”
Subscribe to the Seinfeld ONLY Podcast feed: PostShowRecaps.com/SeinfeldiTunes
Check out our Series Pilot Recap
Listen to Episode #1 of the Seinfeld: The Post Show Recap