Lost: Down the Hatch | Season 4 Episode 4: “Eggtown”
In the strangely named “Eggtown,” Kate explores the Barracks for answers about her past, and in the future, she’s … well, answering for her past. Meanwhile, John Locke struggles with leadership, as well as with breakfast. All the while, all the way back at the beach, Jack and Juliet learn things with the freighters are not all as they seem.
LOST: Down the Hatch is a full-tilt spoiler-filled rewatch of LOST. Every week, Josh and Mike break down an episode of LOST with the benefit of knowing the series’ full trajectory, using the following structure as a guide:
• We Go “Fourth” – Josh and Mike begin each podcast with a deep-dive into the story both in front of and behind the camera, and they do so with the assistance of eight sound clips from each episode.
• The Others – Josh and Mike answer questions sent their way by listeners through the official e-mail address: [email protected]
• 23 Points – Each week, Josh and Mike hand out points for the best and worst characters of the episode in question, in a foolhardy attempt to determine the most and least valuable players in the LOST pantheon.
• 4.2 Stars – Josh and Mike rank every episode of LOST, by rating them all on a scale from 0 – 4.2. Josh and Mike offer their individual scores, listeners’ scores will be averaged as a third data point, then the three points combine as the podcast’s official score on each episode.
Additional reading/listening/viewing from the podcast:
The 2/3 MVP/LVP Points For Season 4
Frank Lapidus: 4
Law and Order: 1
Golf Guy: -1
The 4.2 Star Episode Rankings for Season 4:
- The Beginning of the End – 4.0
- Confirmed Dead – 3.81
- The Economist – 3.56
- Eggtown – 2.96