Lost: Down the Hatch | Season 4 Episode 5: “The Constant”
In “The Constant,” Desmond Hume trips through time on a journey toward his lost love Penny Widmore. It’s a mind-bending love story, one that stands the test of time and one that stands out as not just the best episode of “LOST,” but one of the best episodes of television, ever. Does it hold up to that billing? Josh and Mike dig into it all.
LOST: Down the Hatch is a full-tilt spoiler-filled rewatch of LOST. Every week, Josh and Mike break down an episode of LOST with the benefit of knowing the series’ full trajectory, using the following structure as a guide:
• We Go “Fourth” – Josh and Mike begin each podcast with a deep-dive into the story both in front of and behind the camera, and they do so with the assistance of eight sound clips from each episode.
• The Others – Josh and Mike answer questions sent their way by listeners through the official e-mail address: [email protected]
• 23 Points – Each week, Josh and Mike hand out points for the best and worst characters of the episode in question, in a foolhardy attempt to determine the most and least valuable players in the LOST pantheon.
• 4.2 Stars – Josh and Mike rank every episode of LOST, by rating them all on a scale from 0 – 4.2. Josh and Mike offer their individual scores, listeners’ scores will be averaged as a third data point, then the three points combine as the podcast’s official score on each episode.
Additional reading/listening/viewing from the podcast:
The 2/3 MVP/LVP Points For Season 4
Frank Lapidus: 4
Law & Order: 1
Golf Guy: -1
Chicken (damn!) -1
Dr. Ray: -1
The 4.2 Star Episode Rankings for Season 4:
- The Constant – 4.2
- The Beginning of the End – 4.0
- Confirmed Dead – 3.81
- The Economist – 3.56
- Eggtown – 2.96
Get lost in more LOST coverage:
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below